Thread: AH's bills...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
marle

Callie, I am pretty proud of my daughter but the thing that I have learned through all of this is that she is not helpless, that she can be clean, that she can do the next right thing. That is why it is so important for you to stand strong against your husband and not let him cry on your shoulder or try to blame someone else for his problems. I spent quite a bit of time hating my daughter's ex-abf. The first time she met him (he lived downstairs from her), he knew she was fresh out of rehab and he came up to her apartment with a hand full of pills because he didn't want them and thought she might be interested. She was 19 years old and he was 35 and had been an addict most of his life. She was not the first girl that he supplied drugs to and I hated his guts. Felt that if it were not for him she would not have gone so far down. But when she wanted to get clean, she walked away from that man and his drugs. She also told me that no one can make you do drugs if you don't want to do them. My daughter's abf was just as sick as she was, if not more so. Your husband's mom is sick. What I found helped me to let go of the anger (and believe me some days it consumed me) was to pray for my daughter and her abf. Don't let the anger consume you Callie. You are worth so much more than that. Find a way to process it and then let it go. Hugs, Marle