Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

Originally Posted by spikedaball View Post
... The second one recently told her, in my presence, that he couldn't see her anymore because she wouldn't stop drinking and wouldn't do the things he was suggesting. He told her that her last option was an inpatient treatment facility. He told me that I should leave because my wife, with me living with her, was committing "public" suicide....

I don't like the concept of sitting and listening to what others have done over the past week and not be able to ask a question or ask for advice.

... I also did not like the idea that you could only speak one time and that was it.

... I think this site has been much more valuable since you get to see what is happening to others and also to have a discussion about individual situations.

So, now I'm waiting to see if my wife will agree to inpatient treatment.

Thanks to everyone!

How long are you planning on waiting to see if your wife will agree to inpatient?

I know many people who found their way to inpatient treatment through the ER. I'd encourage you to call that ambulance as soon as possible and let things get sorted out at the hospital. They'll most likely medically detox her and then give her the option of inpatient recovery. If she turns it down, then you have your answer.

I know you don't LIKE some of the options that are available to you to help you process what you are going through. But surely, you like them better than living with your wife as she not-so-slowly kills herself with your assistance.