Thread: Just Curious...
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
But I don't think you should use medicine as a crutch, at least not for too long. If it helps you get your brain used to the fact that you can't drink anymore, like Mongo said, then great. Just know that one day you'll be off the meds (hopefully!).

Yeah....

How many people get off of medication for high blood pressure?

Am I hopeless (I'm really fat and am still having trouble cutting out the sodium)?

I don't want to be on this for the rest of my life.

It's funny (off topic here as usual...)...I watch people come into the fast food restaurant in which I work...and a sizeable portion of them look like they probably have high blood pressure (big...they have trouble walking up to the counter...etc.)...yet they eat this food on a daily basis (and BIG portions). How do they do it? They have to be popping beta blockers...are they off-setting what they eat with the pills, thereby negating the effectiveness of the medication?

I'm only 28 years old! It's not like my pressure is sky high...but it's not good. I try to avoid fast food as much as possible (but I still eat some bad things that I can get at the grocery store...).

The food issue is by far worse than the alcohol problem. Maybe I should start hanging around more in the eating disorders section...I've been avoid it because I'm scared of becoming too overwhelmed between worrying about that and the alcohol.

I’m tackling the alcohol first because it’s been a problem for a shorter amount of time (plus the health concerns…although the food isn’t much better) and I honestly think that for me it’s going to be the easiest one to beat.

With alcohol, I simply don’t drink (and hang around SR all the time). I do not need alcohol to live.

With food………………I need food to live…….but not junk food to live…….and not many, many, many servings of food that’s good for me…………..I just don’t know what to do. It’s like I can’t stop eating once I start…it feels compulsive (though it’s probably not). ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to complain.

This is what lack of a proper sleep schedule produces...aimless rants from Bamboozle.