View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
August011982

"I became the Warden, and he avoided me."

Exactly how I was with my H I used to think that I could turn off his addiction just like a switch . I always thought that the kids and I would get him clean gosh I was so naive .... My H is currently in rehab round 2 for addiction to kolonopin (same as zanax ) and VICODIN We have been through so much in our marriage even after the last time he has gotten clean he came to me with a "confession" that he had cheated on me in the midst of his addiction on 3 separate occasions( all took place in a 3 week period before he ended it) talk about a blow I still sorta wish to this day that he would not of told me. If you H does not get into a program like NA AND Maybe even REHAB 1st to detox you will see this again and again and again.... That is the kicker being in love with an addict means there always could be a slip up a mistake .... With my dh he is is very functioning he has a very good job , plays sports takes great care of his family believe it or not he was there emotionally and financially but he is an addict he takes large amounts of pain pills on a daily basis ...

I was in denial for quite a while .