View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
pegasus

Hello there, firstly I would like to say that I am sorry for what you are going through. I too lived the exact same things with my AH. Except I did so through 8 treatment centers in 5 yrs ( hello). Each time I believed that this time it would stick. You just never know as ONLY time will tell. Did I want to wait it out and see again? I finally had to ask myself if I wanted to risk another relapse or binge? It was my kids that finally made me see that I could not take that chance again. Our daughters..one just turned 5 and the other one is 11 months. I figured its better to be from a broken home than in one. It is time that I used all of the energy I wasted on him on other things. He has been out of the house now for 4 months. It was hard getting him to go. But why should we have to leave? Its about time our kids got the stability they deserve and need. And to make the seperation as less hard on them as we can.
I know my story did not have a happy ending. But others do so I can only wish you the best with what ever you decide.
Just please know that without some kind of serious effort on his part to admit he has a problem, things can only get progressively worse .
On another note...marriage counselling I don't think can work because your problems seem to be with his addiction. That would have to be first. To get him clean so he can think with a clear head.
I love this quote ( Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes) so true.