View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
seasalt

This is from a pill addict, 31 days sober. Please listen. What many of us addicts have a hard time "getting" is how our addiction effects others. I used to think I was only doing this to myself, but my work suffered, my relationships suffered, and my bank account suffered. I was also married to a man that was also an addict. I did all of the things such as looking for his drugs, flushing them, screaming, crying, drug testing him. I did it all. It didn't work. I became the Warden, and he avoided me. Your husband is lying to you. My addiction was easy to hide because I could function fairly normally and no one noticed. I never snorted anything, so really his idea that just because he is not ingesting the drugs through his nose, it is still as bad as you think. I wish I could give you better advice. I just know he needs to decide this for himself. He will hide it from you so that he is able to get his drug. You become the obstacle. I hated that feeling with my husband. Somehow you have to open the lines of communication again. But do not become codependant and addicted to him.