View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
destroyedagain

Well I left the letter last night, I don't know if he read it or not. I do know that he has taken it to work today so we will see what happens. Here is the last part of it and you tell me if I did the right thing:

"If you have any intention of saving this family and our marriage then you will agree to go to counseling with me. If you decide that counseling is something that you will not or can not do then we need to make arrangements. The arrangements will be if you decide not to work this out is, you said that the bathroom will be finished at work shortly and you would stay there, fine. Until then I would stay in the girls room. You will need to come home at least one time a week to see the girls and have them every other weekend; this is to get them accustomed to what will come. Neither one of us can afford a place of our own right now so this is going to be how it will have to be done until we can figure financial situations out. I have fought for this marriage before when you were on the pills but I can’t do it by myself or nor will I fight for it if you show no attempt. Sh**, I don’t ask for much do I. The only thing I ever wanted was a drug free life, to try to teach my children from right and wrong, and to be happy. Well I don’t have the drug free life, do I? And I am not happy. I told you that if I was to ever find out you were doing pills again that it would be the end. I am sticking to it. I am not going to sit and watch you kill yourself and I am not going to sit and be financially destroyed again. My heart once again has been ripped from me, my soul has been beaten, my faith has totally been destroyed, and trusting in you has been demolished. My heart can be mended, my soul can be patched, and my faith can be rebuilt, but trusting you I don’t know if I can rebuild it again."