Thread: Helpless.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Dark & Ily))

my heart goes out to both of YOU!! You are both such brave young women!!!

Thank you both for reaching out for help - you have no idea how you have already started the path to stop the cycle of alcoholism and it's destructive manner in your life and in your future.

This is what gives me hope. I have 5 daughters of my own that where raised in a home with alcoholism/addiction. I have tried to help them with how they were affected by the disease of addiciton - see you both seek help gives me hope that they will seek help also.

Their father, my soon to be ex, is an alcoholic/addict and we all have issues, pain, scars and wounds from living with that for many years. He is a really wonderful man, (like so many A's) when he is sober - when he is not - he is a different person. Never physically abusive - just emotionally abusive and manipulative.

The program of Al-Anon has helped me tremendously - Their literature and SR is great - I do want to keep encouraging both of you - read on this forum and our other forums for help -

it has been part of the lifesavor of Recovery for me - I pray it helps both of you too!!

HUGS,
Rita