View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Problem With My Sons EX

My 35 yr old son was engaged to this woman. They had 2 children together then broke up. Since the break up my son is raising these 2 young children on his own with our help. Now this ex has gotten herself addicted to heroin. She wants our help. I called a rehab in the state where we live & they told me to tell her to go to Social Services & apply for a Medicaid Card and even if she gets denied to get a copy of the denial. Then go to The Guardinia House & they would take her in. ( Either with a card or a denial ) My son told her that but she didn't do it. Instead she went to an ex boyfriend & asked him if she could sleep over he said yes. The ex called my son to tell him he let her sleep over & when he got home from work the next day she had robbed him blind.
Now she is calling us from another state far from us, asking us to help her get id so she can get a job. She said she is in a recovery house and is now on Suboxone but needs id to get a job. First of all I asked her why she didn't listen to me & get help right here & she had no answer for me except to say she needed o get away from everything to find her sobriety. Again as far as I can see she is only thinking of herself, as it is we have been raising her children with barely any help from her for amost 4 yrs. She doesn't listen to a word you say then she calls wanting help.
This has got me so upset as even to get a social security card you need a photo id.
She ran away from all her responsibilities then she wants help from the very people she has dumped everything on.
Am I wrong to think this is not our problem.
Diane