Old 02-21-2002, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
in the dumps

Thanks for your replies cherylG, Rose56, SuperNiceAngel5

I was kind of hoping that you would give some information on what it is like to go to an AL-ANON or NAR-ANON meeting. What goes on there, how it helped you etc. so I could print it out and let her read it. That's O.K. I know it is her decision. (My Wife's) Last night I came home from my meeting and brought with me a meeting list for her. One night a week there is a meeting for me and for her at the same place and same time. There are 2 other meetings a week at the same place but the time is 1/2 hour apart. I don't mind being 1/2 early for my meeting. I can set up chairs make coffee or talk to others that are there early. I don't know what she would do the day mine starts 1/2 hour earlier than hers. Last night I casually mentioned that 3 nights a week there is a meeting for her and let her look at the schedules. I let her know that if she wishes to go one night, that we could go at the same time but that it is totally up to her. I wasn't pushy or anything. She said she would consider it some time. I'll let you know if she decides to go. I won't even mention a word about it to her again. (that might sound like I'm getting pushy if I ask her again.

I have taken her to one of my open meetings. She did not mind going and has a slightly better understanding. She said that she would not mind going to an open meeting with me once a week every week until further notice. (Of course the decision was still hers). I asked her one day if she would like to come with me (like an invitation) and she said yes and wants to go again.

My biggest fear is that she may want me to come to one of the ANON meetings and I would feel really uncomfortable and out of place.

Gotta Go

Talk Later

Thanks for the input.

in the dumps -- continuing to slowly recover.

P.S. Special thanks to Rose56 for mentioning that AL-ANON was very helpful to you and that it makes you feel alot better.