View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
justaboutus
Rediscovering myself

My husband is Jedi Master of Manipulation. He has no morals when it comes to getting what he wants. I've heard everything from "I promise to do better" to "I'm going to kill myself". He'll take part time jobs with the promise of full time employment (which never materializes). He'll take two or three part time jobs saying they equal a full time paycheck (which somehow never manages to happen). He'll start his own business again and again to avoid job hunting. He'll even take jobs for NO PAY and do those instead of paying jobs!!

He's so good at it, no one knows how little he actually works. His siblings, parents, and friends all think he's a sun up to sun down workaholic. I've helped him hide this and his drinking for years, sugar coating EVERYTHING. When I came out with the truth about 6 months ago to a counselor/friend, she didn't believe me. He has done an amazing snow job on everyone. I feel like I've been living in one of those cults that brainwashes people.

It didn't happen all at once. It happened slowly. I'm the frog in the pot of water that was heated up slowly until it was boiling.

It's amazing how sick we get.