Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by MeHandle View Post
Lilyflower,

You could say that your own thread was off target then. We could say that this is a conversation you should have taken to the moderators.( And if someone doesn't know how to get them is all they have to do is but ask someONE here) But I wouldn't and i won't becasue i view it as you working through your critical thinking and how you are dealing with your feelings. So see, we are back on target.

Now , the same is true of those other threads as maybe they don't apply to you but someone here may be dealing with a suppose who has taken that health route , or some here may be reading these thread who never has understood the high percentage of cross over between the alcoholic and other disorders, or who better to have thoughts and opinions about "new cures" then the people here who have dealt and educated themselves on alcohlics and alcoholism and have unofficial PH.Ds.

It all ends up on topic. It all gives food for thought and growth opportunity. It reveals another aspect to the diversity of the heart and mind of that poster in our community here.

That's my 2 sense(cents) to you and the moderator who will be reading this.

love tammy
Thank you Tammy,

My thread could be viewed as off target as you say, you could indeed look at this and say 'well her thread does not stick to the support for F&F' and I appreciate your view point and find it interesting.

I agree with you that these different subjects bring diversity and food for thought. I too see much growth in the members I have seen come here and who have shared my journey since joining a year ago.

May I ask you then, why do you suppose we have separate themed forums? My view on this is that each forum has it's speciality and focus so that the people who post there will have the opportunity to do so within an environment condusive to the type of support they require.

If the walls between forums are breaking down, it concerns me that the potentiality is there for all forums to become enmeshed in one another, that there will not be this specific focus and that posters may not feel ''safe'' to post or vent their frustrations.

You may say/feel that this is not what is happening here, but I ask, if the different focuses between the forums is not held in the early stages, then were do you draw the line? Again I will also say, you are relatively new, and I assure you things are a hell of alot different now than they used to be, I feel it, I can see from this thread that other people do too.

As I have said in a previous post, I have contacted a mod in pm about this, and I raised this thread as a consensus to see if I was alone or if other people were privately thinking the same things.

Thank you for sharing with me and joining in with what has now become a very interesting debate!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx