Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by resentful wife View Post
I visit several different forums and have never been asked to limit myself to just one or made to feel unwelcomed. I find a wealth of info in all the forums I visit.
And its a good thing that we have many people entrusted to be greeters, that way newcommers are sure to be welcomed in a timely manner.
It's a large site and since the Mod's have the tools and knowledge to make changes it only makes since to limit that to the most trusted of the volunteers.
Thank You Mod's and Greeters

Linda
Linda,

I feel you miss represent my ideas by this. I am not ''taking shots'' at the mods or greaters here, if you have assumed my intent was to make myself an enemy of the hard working volunteers that help run and monitor this site, you are mistaken.

I am happy that you have been welcomed into other forums, may I ask which ones you have posted in? I appreciate that one persons experience does not account for all experiences and as I have said and will say again; this thread was to get a feel for the consensus around the forum to see if other people were feeling like me, nothing else.

I wholeheartedly agree that the mods/greaters/admins work exceptionally hard across the boards here.

I also think it is great that we have so many greaters - again I was not knocking this, on the contrary!

I did suggest we could have more moderators if things are getting busy - nothing malicious or two faced about that. All the moderators here began as posters like me and you! I see many people posting on this forum who have a wealth of recovery, strength, knowledge, kindness and compassion. Wouldn't you agree that makes a good mod? As for skills and tools - Everyone has to learn somewhere, if greaters don't graduate to moderators, or new moderators are not appointed from the long lived members how do we evolve??? Skills are learnt and grown, tools are your computer with a few extra options available to you as a moderator - that does not mean it is necessary to have a limit on the number available.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx