View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
jada311

We really don't need the AA police when we have alcohol and drugs waiting right outside do we? The "suggestion" of no relationship for a year is rough but worth the time to know yourself and character defects. i don't have anything to offer another person when i got here. I wont lie i have been with my fiance longer than i have been sober and we still our together, but it was very rocky in the beginning and i had done a lot of damage. i never tell my sponsees no relationships for a year. Do what you want but lets do the work first. lets begin this process of recovery that will connect you with a higher power of your understandin , show you the truth about yourself and teach you how to live without harming others, and how to clean it up if you do. I have no tools for that when i walk into aa. Man, if i was awake there was wreckage and that continued on into early sobriety with my fiance. My question here is : at 79 days .....Why now? the question i would be asking myself is why after seventy nine days sober am i so compelled to find a loophole in this suggestion that i would take it to a forum hoping someone else would cosign it. Don't screw yourself out of a chance to learn about yourself before removing a portion of that focus. You have a great opportunity.....just do the work first.