Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by ToABetterMe View Post
He then had the balls to say "Yeah right". Then he left & went & wacthed TV

I'm not sure if its because he's been drinking since 6pm?
Yep, that was his booze voice. It may still be around today.

Hi!

I'm married to my drinking partner of 14 years. I have been sober 5 months, and he still drinks. I live with alcohol in my home. There are others of us on SR that are married/living with drinkers while in recovery.

The best has already been said. You are doing this for yourself. You will be a better wife, mother, and friend sober than you were when you were drinking! "It's all about me!"

I have tried to quit drinking in the past with hubby's help, and always failed. He can not give me the support I need to quit. I have to do this for myself and on my own. I am very proud of my 5 months sober!

I told my children (teens) when I was on my 4th day sober about my sobriety. They are now my biggest cheerleaders! Talk about accountability. I see the look of joy on their faces, I see them joining me in the kitchen and while watching tv again because they like spending time with sober mom!

Hubby had all kinds of reactions about my getting sober. And they are knee jerk reactions.

Some days his picture should be in the dictionary next to the word anus! I realize that reaction is coming from loosing his drinking buddy.

Now he is trying to respond with support.

You can do this for yourself. You will be proud of yourself for what you can do and others around you will reap the benefits.

Keep on keeping on!