View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
...I am a very social person who has deep-seated feeling about going back to these rooms because of my own shame and insecurities, big time. I just wanted to get passed my fear and be socialble. Anyways, it pissed me off, but I sat and waited until my ride was ready!
Okay, so can you say the time you have had to reflect since then [sitting through those minutes and hating it], has the reflection about since helped your sobriety or harmed your sobriety? I understand the personal slant here, just saying, i see it helping more then harming.

its all about the sobriety at this stage... and since you have [had] shaming issues sometimes the best path to face those fears is face them in ourselves, in our own hearts, and not *always* socialize them away with laughter and whatever no matter the need to be part of the crowd...

in any case, you and your sponsor are a team. And teams work and stick together or they simply don't work out. Its not about wrong or right, if you and your sponsor don't have an "understanding of sobriety" then absolutely look for another. Otherwise....

For what's it worth, i might have told you the same thing and i respect you for seeing it through to the end. Now you have been there and done that. Congrats! You have learned a deep memorable lesson in humilty, imo.

RR