Old 01-24-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ToABetterMe

Another sobering reason that should keep me going

OK, I have decided to be completely & fully honest here. Seeing as I have not been for a long time, I have always said "I don't get drunk" or "I only had a couple" or "I'm not as bad as KT, or Jenn" or what ever other friend I wanted to throw under the bus.

Well I got my first DUI several months ago. Thankfully didn't hit anyone. My husband & family were very supportive. Its been a huge financial toll on us.

So this morning my husband calls & said he just got pulled over on the way to work, I asked for what & he said because the cop just decided to run the plates on the truck. Comes back the plates are suspended & have been for a while.

Long story short, cop could have towed the truck & ticketed hubby for driving with suspended plates. He said if hubby took care of it today he wouldn't tow the truck.
Because I live at the same address, law says if I have access to the truck, the plates have to be pulled & new "DUI" plates need to be on the truck for 1 yr!! So today I have to get B-I-L to help me go buy new plates, fill out all info, pay more $ & my husband & family get to drive around wearing "the badge of shame" plates.

I feel rotten, I didn't know they could do that.
This should really be a reminder of why I need to live sober!