View Single Post
Old 09-18-2001, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peace&happiness

Unhappy Feeling Hopeless

Hi...
I'm a new member at Al-Anon. I've been married 16 years to a man I adore. Since I have been 'living the Al-Anon way', my husband is communicating with me less. He also seems more depressed. He told me a week ago that he wanted to stop drinking because he feels that it is causing a lot of problems in our marriage. He assured me that he wants to stop for him not for me. Last night, he ask me if it would bother me if he would have a glass of wine with dinner. I told him that it doesn't bother me that he has a glass of wine, however, I also told him that it concerns me that he wants a glass wine, when only a week ago, he had such strong convictions of putting drinking to a halt. I have been affectionate with him, I tell him everyday that I love him, and at this point, I share very little anxiety or negative feelings with him, because I know that he really cant handle it right now. So why do you think that he is MORE distant? MORE depressed? I really love him and we have 3 beautiful daughters. I don't want to lose him to this disease.

Jane