Thread: I am confused
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2001, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ljm7723

Confused,
Thank God that your husband has figured it out fairly early in the game that drinking will take over his life again if he allows it to. He's been there, done that already.
I pray all of the time that my husband will take another shot at recovery, but it seems like I have more faith in him than he has in himself 'cause he won't even try. He says that he knows that he needs to "put it down" but he doesn't want to, even though we're facing a jail term of up to 1 year for DUI. I say "we" because, while he's the one behind bars, my daughter and I will be paying for his mistake at home. He believes (still) that he is the only one affected by his drinking and that I shouldn't have a problem with it. He may get a major come-uppance by the time he gets out- We may not be waiting for him this time. It pretty much depends on whether this is his "bottom" this time- he's used to the "Cake-walks" of Massachusetts jails- Southern jails are a whole different world of hurt. Maybe this time???
I've already made the decision to leave if he doesn't make a commitment to sobriety during his sentence, and maybe it's cruel to leave him in an area where he really knows no-one, but if that's the choice he makes, then he can handle it on his own.
Oops- sorry- went a little off track there. Thanks for listening, and good luck to you.

------------------