View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Today I'm One week, one day, 8 hours, 8 minutes and 33 seconds nicotine free. That's 166 cigarettes not smoked, saving $50.03. Life saved: 13 hours, 50 minutes.

I've got a big day today; me and another history teacher. The two of us are splitting the school; He's got the upper classmen; I"ve got the lower classmen. Big presentation at school for the inauguration. The press will be there. I've got to wear a dress; heels.

Of course, we've had no school since last Wednesday! They called school off Thursday and Friday. Said it was -- TOO COLD! :>(
So, we've had no time to plan; and all my stuff was in school. I had no way to get it. The principal called yesterday while I was out. Left a message changing the outline plan that the VP gave us for the program, but, didn't tell us how long we'd have to talk; to work with the kids.... :wtf2

So, I've got this big interactive presentation planned. And I've got a pledge for them to sign on to get involved; to commit to action to do their part to fix America, (it's expected Obama will ask Americans to ask everyone to volunteer to do something similar to JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you; Ask what you can do for your country" speech). And finally, I have a timeline to witness the change over time in Black American history. But, I have no idea if any of it will fit according to this new schedule! grrrrrr......

But, I will not smoke.
Nais gadol haya po!
Wish me luck, ok? :>)

Keep the quit and post before you puff!

Shalom!