View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
HMAN

Re: Introduce/Reintroduce Yourself here!

I am new here to ACA. I have directed to take a look at my ACA issues. Which I think is the link for me to stay clean and sober. I have a had 81/2 years and relapsed. Been struggling ever since. I never thought of me as a ACA. (I am) I grew up in alcoholic enviorment and it ws very verbally and physically abusive. Mom was bartender and cocktail waitress and a Alcoholic....... I basically grew up in the bars. My mom had me there all the time when I was young from about 3yrs old cause my father passed and had no baby sitter until I was about 10yrs. I had a younger brother who I took care of when she was doing her thing. I have seen it all in my family Fights, Guns, Booze, Substance, and dysfunction - junction, Today 2 of 3 of my brothers are passed, my step father has passed and I have no connection with my other brother. My mom is still living and thru the grace of GOD she has 90 days Clean and Sober. My hope is that I can begin to learn how to not continue to act out as if I was still that little boy. I hope to get better relationship skills with others but most of all I hope I can begin to love my self again...... Looking forward to this journey.....