View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tomvlll

Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
This is an unusual Saturday for me in that I usually would be working and so the day is full of new possibilities. I checked online this morning, just out of curiosity, to see what sort of meetings happen on a Saturday. I found one at a church where I often go another time during the week, and enjoy.

However, it's bitter, bitter cold outside today, and has just started snowing hard. Normally I am not one to say "boo hoo, the weather's bad, I'm going to skip my meetings." I take a small measure of pride in being a hell-or-high water attendee. Bear in mind that I don't have a car and getting to this meeting is going to mean at least 20 minutes of walking in almost sub-zero temperature.

But today I'm also feeling utterly tranquil. I have plans to read this amazing book, try a new recipe, relax with some tea, construct a 'cat house' and do some home decorating. Basically, my serenity level ought to be pretty high today. I have no begging reason or sobriety threatening situations at hand.

So what reasons can you suggest for or against going to the meeting? Yay or nay? In three hours maybe I'll let you know my decision.
Let me alter your post just a wee bit ......

This is an unusual Saturday for me in that I usually would be working and so the day is full of new possibilities. I checked online this morning, just out of curiosity, to see what sort of bars are open on a Saturday.

However, it's bitter, bitter cold outside today, and has just started snowing hard. Normally I am not one to say "boo hoo, the weather's bad, I'm going to skip going to the bar." I take a small measure of pride in being a hell-or-high water attendee. Bear in mind that I don't have a car and getting to this bar is going to mean at least 20 minutes of walking in almost sub-zero temperature.

But today I'm also feeling utterly tranquil. I have plans to read this amazing book, try a new recipe, relax with some tea, construct a 'cat house' and do some home decorating. Basically, my serenity level ought to be pretty high today. I have no begging reason to drink

So what reasons can you suggest for or against going to the bar? Yay or nay? In three hours maybe I'll let you know my decision

What do you think your decision would have been?