View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
devastated

Hi Pegasus

Welcome to our family. I'm so glad you found your way here because it is a way to not only vent, but to get support and great ideas.

I totally agree with Ann as far as raising children in a home with an active user. It is a terrible environment for children because of the constant chaos.

When they are clean they really do want to stay that way, however, the moment they get out of that "structured environment" is when they either mean what they say or were just quacking.

In other words, time will tell and I frankly would not want to subject my children to a crack addict. I know how horrible they can become. My son's drug of choice was crack too.

Do not let him push your buttons and lay guilty trips on you. Stay focused on what you need to do to take care of yourself and your children.

Remember you do not have any control over what he decides or doesn't decide. The only person you can control is yourself. Trust in your gut! Wish I had. Maybe if I had not been such a push-over, my son would have been clean years ago.

Keep coming back and sharing with us. It takes a while before you finally get strong enough to see the light, but as Ann promised me years ago (2002) it does get easier, and it finally is sinking in. Gosh I hope you don't take as long as I did!

By the way, watch out for Ann because she has these "steel-toed bunny slippers" that really hurt! Don't give her cause to use them. Shoot, I still have marks all over my legs! LOL

Hugs, Devastated