View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
motherofthree

Unhappy I need information

Here is my story. I am married to a man that has been drinking for 30 years+. I have never seen him drunk and because of that I could never have enough argument or a reason to stop him from drinking. He can drink and function and you would never know that he drinks all the time. On the weekend he would drink from morning until night and it would not affect him in any way.

To make a long story short on 1-17-2002 I took him to the emergency room because he had severe pain in his abdomen. Doctors determined that he has acute pancreatitis and it is caused by alcohol intake. At this moment he is in the hospital being hooked up to all kinds of equipment that feeds him and other things. Also he is detoxing and has hallucinations and acting totally bizarre. It is going on for 4 days now and I do not know how long it will take until he comes around. The doctors do not know either. I am very confused and concerned that he will never be himself again and also I know if he drinks again he may die.

I would like to know if anybody could shed some light on this subject. How long does it take for the person to detox?