View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fugfuggy

Back for another try.....

Hello Gang,

I spent a good amount of time on SR back around August. I checked into a 7 day medical detox and managed to not drink for the next 3 months. I went from an unemployed, shakey, stinky mess to a productive steady and nice smelling member of society. I spent those three months interviewing for new positions, all while the economy was going to hell around me. After 9 interviews I was offered an executive level position in November, that I accepted, only to have that position put on hold. I speak to the company each week and they keep telling me to hang on.

Meanwhile, the waiting, boredom, economic fear, etc.. was just to much for me so I hit the bottle again. I have been on a daily bottle of vodka per day binge since early last month and here I am, a shakey, stinky, unproductive mess.

So today, I begin a new, again. I am shaky again (not nearly as bad as I was in the past) and I am contemplating just going cold turkey but the physical withdrawals still make me nervous. I am contemplating going to the ER to try and get some detox meds. Anybody ever done this?