View Single Post
Old 10-27-2001, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katied

Post Why don't I learn????

Hello everyone.....I have hope that there might be one person who can relate to this and offer advice on what I am going through.
I am an adult child of an alcoholic, I divorced a man that I was married to after 6 years of marriage because he was an addict.
After my divorce I met a man who I thought was wonderful. The first night we met I told him right off the bat that if he was into drinking or drugging we should not waste each others time. (Keep in mind this man was married twice & has four children)About a year into the relationship I suspected something was up....and of course it was. He is a VERY heavy pot smoker & a pill popper!
Well he promised that he would stop & he did
for 6 months. We were living together...my two children & three of his. His house was foreclosed on because of this disease...he promised that he would stop. In August I purchased a home in Florida (previously I lived in NJ) to begin a new life & told him that we needed to part ways. He begged me that he would once again STOP & he didn't. He
was sneaking behind my back & lying to say the least. I asked to to make a decision: either stop the addiction & get help or leave. So he left with his daughter that has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. My question to all of you is: Why after years of alateen, alanon & individual conseling, do I continue to attract only sick MEN???? I can't understand it....I'm 29 & too young to be going through the HELL that I've been through. I'm at a great loss because I love
him with every fiber of my being & miss him (not the addict)to pieces. I am open fro any or all suggestions. Thanks for listening & Take Care of YOU!!