Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NeedingHelp7

yeah....It probably does have something to do with the drugs he's been using, eating habits, not drinking enough water, etc... I know it's hard not to worry about his health. AH's health always drew me to caretaking, I have to be real careful. Anyway, he hurt me through almost every illness he's had. I would be frantic when his blood pressure would go up, what could we do to change this? Whats the best way to wean him off this drug that drug, only for him to be right back on them. What could we do to make his brain better? (A good start would have been for him to get off drugs first right?" ) Vitamins, fish oil, protein, exercise. During hip surgery, I would be looking up everything online I could find about hip surgery. I would read and read about everything trying to get him better healthier. He loved the attention, but it was a waste of time. I think I was obsessive in that way. Well I did get him looking healthier physically than anyone!! (and then he got more girlfriends). And he healed of Hep C. But the drugs were still there, and the brain damage.... so....
When I started to get healthier, I began to tell him "I'm not your Dr. I'm not your nurse, I'm not your therapist, I'm your wife." Duh. Do you know all the hrs, days, months, and years I spent obsessing on that man????

Oh well I did him good, but he forgot (probably drug dementia now).

Try to go on and focus on you and the children. Not easy at first, but it will come.