Question about pee...yes a little strange

Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about pee...yes a little strange

My head is still spinning over everything that has happened in the last 2 weeks of my life.....
I question EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED.
...One of the many things that nags at me when I can't sleep is this:....
Do Heroin addicts have funny smelling pee?...YOu know like how if you eat asperagus it makes your pee smell weird...
OK I'm serious.
Since the baby's room was so close to the bathroom, we agreed not to flush the toilet at night.
And WOW DID MY AH's pee really smell strong/yukky...not that pee smells good....you know what I mean.
It wasnt' like that when we got married.
It was so bad I actually told him he needed to 'get that checked out'.
Is this all in my head or could it be related to the drugs and what they were cut with maybe?
I know it's a stupid question, but it's been bugging me.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It could be. But, I have no idea truth be told. I know my husband would sweat the drug out and it bleached the pillowcase when he did. Just a nice reminder of what was in his system, eh? If it bleached cotton.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe he ate asparagus?

Have you talked to him about this? What did he say?

Better yet, get one of the drug tests that react with urine. They make some that you throw in the toilet bowl and they turn color (or not). Then you flush it. Then you'll know if he is using.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it may be as simple as not drinking enough fluids, that can cause your urine to go dark and strong, also he might have an infection... I have just left me partner who was addictted to heroin and his urine was strong at times and other times it was normal... What i found was with him he lost his desire to eat meals or if he did eat he could not finish it. He also craved sweet things like sweeties and chocolate.. The weight fell off him quite qucikly and his behaviour changed, he would go out at different times, for an hour or so, he started spending money like water and had nothing to show for it, he became quite irratable and grumpy and ill when he was needing more.

you can be opaite tests on-line, but dont do it behind his back, speak to him and tell him your fears, trying to catch someone out is a visous circle as i well know, you end up driving yourself bloody crazy... goodluck and i hope your partner is honest with you xx
Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

Originally Posted by sadie30 View Post
it may be as simple as not drinking enough fluids, that can cause your urine to go dark and strong, also he might have an infection... I have just left me partner who was addictted to heroin and his urine was strong at times and other times it was normal... What i found was with him he lost his desire to eat meals or if he did eat he could not finish it. He also craved sweet things like sweeties and chocolate.. The weight fell off him quite qucikly and his behaviour changed, he would go out at different times, for an hour or so, he started spending money like water and had nothing to show for it, he became quite irratable and grumpy and ill when he was needing more.

you can be opaite tests on-line, but dont do it behind his back, speak to him and tell him your fears, trying to catch someone out is a visous circle as i well know, you end up driving yourself bloody crazy... goodluck and i hope your partner is honest with you xx
Agree. More than likely it's just not getting enogh fluids. That's my guess anyway. I'm not a doctor...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your husband is an insulin dependent diabetic and an opiate addict. That combo is apt to result in something out of the ordinary when it comes to the odor of his output.

Are you now reliving every moment of the last few years, looking for the signs you may have missed along the way. Been there/done that, too. You will make yourself crazy with this stuff.

What can you do, in the here and now, to take the primary focus of your life off his addiction and refocus on you and your two wonderful children?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yeah....It probably does have something to do with the drugs he's been using, eating habits, not drinking enough water, etc... I know it's hard not to worry about his health. AH's health always drew me to caretaking, I have to be real careful. Anyway, he hurt me through almost every illness he's had. I would be frantic when his blood pressure would go up, what could we do to change this? Whats the best way to wean him off this drug that drug, only for him to be right back on them. What could we do to make his brain better? (A good start would have been for him to get off drugs first right?" ) Vitamins, fish oil, protein, exercise. During hip surgery, I would be looking up everything online I could find about hip surgery. I would read and read about everything trying to get him better healthier. He loved the attention, but it was a waste of time. I think I was obsessive in that way. Well I did get him looking healthier physically than anyone!! (and then he got more girlfriends). And he healed of Hep C. But the drugs were still there, and the brain damage.... so....
When I started to get healthier, I began to tell him "I'm not your Dr. I'm not your nurse, I'm not your therapist, I'm your wife." Duh. Do you know all the hrs, days, months, and years I spent obsessing on that man????

Oh well I did him good, but he forgot (probably drug dementia now).

Try to go on and focus on you and the children. Not easy at first, but it will come.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by howareyounow View Post
My head is still spinning over everything that has happened in the last 2 weeks of my life.....
I question EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED.
...One of the many things that nags at me when I can't sleep is this:....
Do Heroin addicts have funny smelling pee?...YOu know like how if you eat asperagus it makes your pee smell weird...
OK I'm serious.
Since the baby's room was so close to the bathroom, we agreed not to flush the toilet at night.
And WOW DID MY AH's pee really smell strong/yukky...not that pee smells good....you know what I mean.
It wasnt' like that when we got married.
It was so bad I actually told him he needed to 'get that checked out'.
Is this all in my head or could it be related to the drugs and what they were cut with maybe?
I know it's a stupid question, but it's been bugging me.
what color is it? cuz a off-tea-colored pee could be a sign of liver/kidney failure....if his pee is that dark check his eyes for a yellow color- that means jaundice (if they're yellow)
also foul smelling pee may be a sign of an std....just saying. my buddy (code name Dude in my blog) had terrible smelling ****, then we found out he had an std.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by panduh View Post
what color is it? cuz a off-tea-colored pee could be a sign of liver/kidney failure....if his pee is that dark check his eyes for a yellow color- that means jaundice (if they're yellow)
also foul smelling pee may be a sign of an std....just saying. my buddy (code name Dude in my blog) had terrible smelling ****, then we found out he had an std.
Just a little side bar...read your blog and you clearly have the ability to tell a good story and I want to give you a gift.

The meaning of life is not to be happy, it's to be useful. Think about it. Peace.