View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bmychelle

I can't wait to do that Ann. Honestly, I do cry when I read some of these things, as I recognize my patterns(didn't even realize I HAD patterns before SR). Before current ABF, I had been a single mom, working 45-60 hours a week, going to school full time etc. Nothing changed when we got involved a little more than two years ago except that my work load increased even more and my money was all gone. Everyone has always told me how strong I am, how much they admire me etc. And although I have always known I am more than able to accomplish whatever the task at hand was, I have felt like a fake, would weather any and all storms, push myself beyond reasonable limits, just so I wouldn't let anyone down. No matter how tired or vulnerable I felt. I have never admitted that before and am Kind of nervous about doing it now, but it feels like something I need to do. Btw, I was up half the night reading Codependent No More and decided I would highlight the areas that might be pertinent to me. WRONG....that would have to be pretty much EVERYTHING I have read so far. Had to put down the highlighter and just devour what I could before passing out. I think this book is amazingly accurate describing ME, can't wait to finish it. I had trouble putting it down because I was racing to find the page with the "cure". Although some of it is really difficult to digest, it is also very comforting.