View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 02:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's actually embarrassing to admit some of the thoughts and feelings I have been dealing with because these feelings and thoughts are opposite of what I KNOW is right. Does that make sense? It's the emotional thing I'm having trouble with. I now realize, and that realization came to me like a giant thunderbolt, about the part I have been playing in my relationships. For some reason am drawn to those in need of rescue....continually. I do want to figure out maybe why I do these things and stop before my daughter learns the wrong lessons for her future.
Sweetie, you're not crazy, you're codependent just like most of us here. The good new is there is hope. Several years ago I found my way to meetings because I had tried everything else, I was emotionally and physically exhausted and lived in fear 24 hours a day. My first three meetings I just sat and cried, and that was okay. The people there handed me tissues and hugs and shared their stories and what I saw was that they had problems as bad or worse than mine and they had found a solution that brought them a peaceful, serene life.

Meetings saved my life, literally, and I promise that you can find many of your answers there. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, why not give them a try?

Let us know what you think of Codependent No More. When I first read it, I wanted royalties from that book because I could swear she was looking in MY window as she wrote.

Hugs