View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bmychelle

Thanks All, WOW! I really am starting to love this place. What a nice feeling to have people say it's okay, we know what you're doing..we've done it too etc. I honestly do realize on some intellectual level that there is absolutely nothing I can do about his behavior or that of the other addicts in my life ( and there are several). It's actually embarrassing to admit some of the thoughts and feelings I have been dealing with because these feelings and thoughts are opposite of what I KNOW is right. Does that make sense? It's the emotional thing I'm having trouble with. I now realize, and that realization came to me like a giant thunderbolt, about the part I have been playing in my relationships. For some reason am drawn to those in need of rescue....continually. I do want to figure out maybe why I do these things and stop before my daughter learns the wrong lessons for her future.
Now that I know what I am doing, it's time to figure out how to stop. I actually picked up the book codependent No More after hearing so much about it, am hoping it can provide me some more guidance.