View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
gerryP

Originally Posted by faithfully View Post
I just checked out the 1 place that accepts methadone for addiction treatment, they require that you are clean for 5 days and that you are physically and psychologically stable.

Can you see how hard it is to get help?
Yes Faith,

All rehab's require that one is clean/sober. He will need to go to a detox facility before he will be admitted to a rehab. I'm surprised the rehab's you spoke to didn't tell you that. That's the usual course of action. I believe I read somewher that you are living in Canada? There are a number of free rehab facilities. They are REHAB. Centres, not the Four Seasons Hotel. Perhaps your addict needs to be committed to a psych. ward for assessment. His using is but a symptom. He needs help.

As far as being physically and psychologically stable...kind of an oxymoron. Perhaps you misunderstood what was told to you. If that were the case, rehab's would be full of empty beds my dear.

I think it's time to pack your things and leave for good. Period.End of story. What your thinking, behaviour and actions are providing to you, is allowing you to stay stuck and helpless and not allowing you to get on with your life. Maybe you really don't want a better life for yourself?