Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((OH)))

I'm a recovering crack addict. I can assure that his relapse is not because of the stress of your relationship. He uses because he wants to use. When I was using, I would use ANY excuse to use...sun shining? smoke crack. Raining? smoke crack. Feeling good? smoke crack..etc.

Now that I choose to NOT smoke crack, there is nothing and no one that could make me smoke it, and trust me, I've been through a LOT in the past 22 months.

I understand you love each other, but the question is, do you want to continue living with a man who is smoking crack. Crack is one of the most progressively addictive drugs there is. Do you want to raise your children around this? No amount of love will cure him. YOU can't do anything to help him...his recovery, or lack of, is totally on him.

The best thing you can do is set boundaries..figure out what you will and will not tolerate in your life and your children's lives. Do not believe him when he tries to blame you or your relationship for his using. Let him suffer any consequences of his using. If he doesn't suffer any consequences, he will have no reason to even think about stopping.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy