Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cassandra2

Hi openheart and welcome to SR.

I am so sorry that you and your family have been chained by addiction. The devastation that addiction brings is probably worse then anything that can affect a family.

The love of my life got addicted to pain pills and threw away everything that meant something to him. Thats what addicts do.

The love of my life walked away from a family that loved and cared for him. He walked away from the security of his own home to continue using. Thats what addicts do.

He got into treatment. He has been going to therapy for almost 2 months. Has made no solid moves in the direction of recovery. Still blaming, lying, and who knows what else. Thats what addicts do.

He plays games with me and manipulates me on a regular basis. He still sees his child but I think its for show, for him to be able to say "see I am taking care of my responsibilities". Soon though very soon he probably will no longer being doing that. Thats what addicts do.

An addict will always put his drug of choice before you, your children and even themselves. Try to remember that. Thats what addicts do.

Your husband is no longer there. The crack has completely taken over his body, mind and soul. Only he can either stay that way or get better.

I wish the best because you are going back down the road and its long, lonely and frustrating. Its such a waste. Get support for yourself you will need it.

Take care and keep posting.