Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rainygal

As someone who has dealt with the dissolution of a 27 year marriage in the last year due my husband's crack addiction, I can tell you that he CANNOT beat this by himself. Crack is now controlling his life and you and your kids are not his primary relationship. No amount of begging or extracting promises that he will quit will make any difference. I do not know what your financial situation is, but you must protect yourself. He has clearly been using all along, since he never had any treatment. He cannot beat this without it, and is very likely using all the money he can get his hands on to support his habit. I had an attorney be very blunt with me about all this, and though I was not ready to hear it at the time, when I was ready, I knew what to do. Consult an attorney, check out what's happening with your money, credit cards, run a credit check on him, and get your finances figured out. He will not stop as long as he has a place to live, and money to buy drugs with. Preserving your marriage has to be a very low priority right now, and making sure you and your kids have what you need is the number one most important need.