View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

I too hate the lies...

I have always been a truth seeker... I would much rather cry over the truth then to smile over a lie... no matter what that truth is..

My AH has lied and lied and lied to me about anything and everything..

I have gotten to the point where I just don't discuss things with him if I know that he is lying to me..

In my AH's defense, he has gotten somewhat better... we have deal... I wont get mad if he tells me the truth... I may get upset, I may not like it, and I may tell him why I don't like it but as long as he is forthcoming with me about the truth then we wont have any problems... Sometimes he keeps up his end of the deal and sometimes he doesn't..

It comes down to this... they lie because facing the truth is a very hard thing to do when your an addict... They would rather llive in the safe little world that they have created for themselves rather then face reality.., deep down, I think they are ashamed of their actions so lying is a way the disease of addiction continues to protect itself.. Sometimes I don't think that my AH even knows the truth about himself or the things he does anymore, so lying is the only option he has...