View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rosygirl
love rules without rules

Wink

Hi courage,

you are so right about the transfer of addictions. as they say, alcohol/drugs are just the symptom. in short, we do have addictive personalities. I don't know if that ever completely changes, we just have to manage it closely (i.e. not drinking).

In the beginning, I became unhealthily obsessed with exercise, watching what I ate, boys that were in rehab with me, smoking, etc.

I still struggle with being obsessed about my weight. I think that we addicts will always have the tendency to become 'addicted' to things. What has helped me is channeling that obsessive nature into positive things.

I am REALLY into photography, writing, doing a job well. Again, i think we will always be this way, but we have to channel it into positive outlets. So you are obsessed with 'comfort foods.' that is normal. But think about hobbies and other activities that are more positive than eating to feel good.

above all, go easy on yourself and don't drink or use. This is a journey of discovery and you are right where you're supposed to be. cheers!