View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Courage2BMe

This Discovery Process...it aint easy!

As I celebrate 29 days of recovery I am discovering that this life of mine has been filled with all types of addictions that have manifest in one form or another. Sex, computer gaming, street drugs, or prescription drugs. The new discovery i made is my use of food to create that high i no longer get from drugs. i realized today that this has been a really crappy week for the most part emotionally, the connection i made was that for everyday I felt bad i also over-indulged in food. It was if i CHASED all the foods that created a sense of "good-feeling" inside. I felt so empty in numb as used the food to create some sort "FEELING". When i realized this today while reflecting i was instantly made aware that if I did not identify these emotions that caused this that I would be well on my way to a new addiction. Since the pills always gave me that "FALSE" sense of control and made me feel good I needed no substitue. Now that they are gone I guess my mind is scrabbling to fill that emotional void with something. I am working on getting to the root of this emotional distress, in the mean time I have to keep myself aware because these things can sneak up on you and create new problems!

BEWARE ALL