View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Why does he continue to lie?

Because it takes a hell of a lot longer than 30, 45, 60, 90 days, 6 months, or even a year for an addict to change a lifetime (and yes to them it has been a lifetime) of living that way to survive in their own mind.

I thank HP every day that I didn't find out I was also Co-dependent until I was already 3 years sober and clean. I have been blessed with being able to 'read' the addict to a degree, and honestly, I don't trust a one of them until I see ACTIONS and not the WORDS. And many times I don't see ACTIONS for months and into years. I see some hanging in there, really wanting recovery, I see others just playing it, for manipulations, and I have seen a few that will probably NEVER (some have already died) find recovery.

I have a question for you? WHY do you continue to FOCUS on him instead of YOU and YOUR CHILDREN? You are driving yourself absolutely crazy with this. Go NO CONTACT, and if you can't do that totally then make sure, when HE calls you, not YOU calling him, that you only talk about the child you have together. If conversation veers, just say, "I have to go now" and hang up.

Cassandra you are making yourself sick, stressing yourself out, over something YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER.

Please, try, for your own sanity to take the focus off of this man that you CANNOT help.

J M H O

Love and hugs,