Old 12-29-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Waterface, if you want to see yourself in 2 months go to an AA meeting and see someone pick up a 2 month chip. What you really need to see is some one pickiing up a 24 hour chip..... that could be you!

The most miserable alcoholic I ever knew in my whole life was me!!! Sitting all alone doing nothing but thinking about a drink and doing nothing but sitting there thinking about a drink. I drank because I could not stay sober alone! I needed help!

I was able to quit drinking and stay stopped when I quit trying to stay stopped all by myself. I reached out for help from other people who had quit drinking. All I did was do what they did to stop drinking and stay stopped! They helped me to stay stopped, they gave me face to face support, they shared with me what had been freely given to them that helped them to stay sober.

If you are an alcoholic like me then just doing nothing but not drinking will drive you to drink, I had to take action, I had to change, I had to ask for help from other alcoholics who had stopped drinking and stayed stopped. I had to change or I was going to die.