Old 12-29-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Avidya
stupid newbie

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Hi FL, and welcome to SR!

I'll tell you my first reaction to reading your post, then I'll comment further. The very first thing I thought as I read what you wrote was, "It sounds like he is trying to control her." I have other comments, but that was the very first thing I thought, and that thought persisted the more I read.

Now, on to other things.

Do you feel like alcohol is causing problems in your life or to your health (your husband's comments aside)? Do you ever feel bad about yourself after drinking (feelings of shame, self-loathing, etc)? Or do you honestly feel that you are a true social drinker - drinking is a hobby that you enjoy and nothing more intense than that?

If you were to stop drinking for 30 days, do you think you'd have any problems? That's always a pretty good experiment to try, and you will have a better perspective on the issue at the end of that 30 days (or maybe even before).

It's completely possible that your behavior while you drink is much different than you perceive it to be, and your husband's comments are justified and to be taken seriously. It's also completely possible that he is manipulative and controlling, and that behavior is just starting to show itself and this is the first way he's choosing to try to control you. I don't know you or him or anything about you other than what's written above, so I can't say. These are just my thoughts.

Please check out the site more and read as much as you can. Post as you feel comfortable. There are some truly wonderful people here and you will get support and encouragement beyond belief.

TSH

TSH and FLwife:

I so totally agree with everything TSH has posted, and would've posted the exact same thing. Humor the fella, and see if you still have problems after a while. Give up the wine. You'll soon know if your problem is the wine or the husband. LIke TSH, I also don't wish to offend with comments ........ but, it seems that your hubby has a problem with anything that doesn't benefit him. If you hadn't mentioned the part about going out with your girlfriends, my red-flagometer wouldn't have gone off.

Av