View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
WantsOut
Becoming a Butterfly

Embraced, I've "known" you via cyberspace for over two years now so I know what you've been through with him. I think you're right that what happened here was your addiction to him caused you to make some bad choices. The need for love causes all kinds of people to do all kinds of stupid stuff.

There's no way to sugar coat that you're going to have a lot on your plate for the next x number of months. Get a good lawyer - offer to be a witness against him NOW while there might be time to do so. Do that through a lawyer, don't try it on your own. Protect yourself with everything you have - make your survival your passion. How passionate would you be to save someone else in your position? Protect yourself with that same devotion.

I read this thing that has helped me a lot with guilt - it said that guilt is a simple lack of self-acceptance. Accept that you did what you did and trusted wrongly and move on. I think that after this no one will mess around with you again because you will have been tried by fire.

And when this case is all over you can walk away from him for good. For good. And you'll truly be free of him.