View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Reminder

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
i'm having the hardest time ever about my thinking concerning alcoholics....i'm thinking things like evil, freaks, what good are they, why can't we corrall all of them up, put them on an island and let them torture the hell outta each other. i'm feeling so much hatred for my xah right now that it is immeasurable.
Hi embraced:

Feeling those emotions might not be a bad thing. I am not saying it's good, either. They simply are. Allow yourself to feel all of those emotions, and don't pass judgment on whether they are good or bad. Give your mind a rest from the incessant thoughts and just get in the moment and feel what you feel.

My mind constantly wants to categorize events as good or bad. However, I can tell you now that I don't know what is good or bad anymore. I used to think that all of the emotional pain I went through in my life was a curse. Now, I see it as a blessing because it weakened my ego and served as a major driving force in my life to become more conscious. So is it a blessing or a curse? I don't know. Maybe it just is what it is.

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
I don't want that hatred to be a driving force again in my life.
Maybe that hatred can be a driving force to make you more conscious?

Peace.