View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 09:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DII

Stronger, I am with you although my AW uses my money to create the picture of Christmas for my boys with the money I earn because she isn't working and in a sober-rehab facility......and makes everyone feel sorry for her. Trust me even when there are lots of gifts and you have what you think are the "things" of Christmas it will not make you happy. Her birthday is the 26th of December and she has always used that day as a way to control and keep the attention on her. Since we are separated I wanted to take the boys to SF to vist my parents and Sister's family but my boys feel "bad" that they will miss her B-day. All during our 17 year marriage I would tell my AW and kids that I would rather shop for a gift with them on my B-Day and Christmas or just have a nice meal. It was the time with them that was important. My AW has taught them that the presents and number of them was important. I was at my mother-inlaw's for Christmas today and we all had to open gifts in a circle. One person went then the next around the circle. I agree with Ago that some people have nothing to eat or a warm place to stay yet we measure whether we are valued and loved by the number of gifts we get and how we open them! I have to break this cycle! Maybe my pending divorce is clouding my vision right now but that is how I feel!

Merry x-mas!