View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
geekorunique
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

I hope you got through it ok my lovely. I know it's not an easy time. My girlfriend finished with me last week and I actually thought I would never get to this day sober. But I did and in 45 minutes it will be over.

We can't be with you all the time...AA can't even be with you completely....I don't know what your thoughts are on your Higher Power but if you believe like I do that there is one then they can be with you every minute of every day. If you just sit in silence and look deep down inside yourself you will find them. Remember that you can start your day over as many times as you need to. You can say the serenity prayer and you can find true peace.

Also...has anyone you've known ever gone back out drinking and said it was any better? It doesn't get better...just worse. It will lead to insanity, it will take everything away from you and then it will kill you. I don't want to be harsh but sometimes we need to remember just how serious this illness is.

I know you'll be stronger than ever before making it through today. And I for one will be proud of you because I know how hard it is.

Kirst xxx