View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by strongerwoman View Post
and sick with the flu too.

I am totally broke and depressed and angry and lonely and feeling like I have no control over my life, my plans. I have to work Christmas Day and the day after, so made alternate arrangements for Christmas with my girls.
I am sorry about you being sick, I find that "colors" all my emotions when I'm "down"

I am also "broke" for Christmas, but I feel blessed, my life is full of love, and I don't even have children. I am sorry you have to work, and sorry to be a Pollyanna, but work is a "curse" many don't have right now in this economies downturn, could the opportunity to make money and be able to put food on the table and be independent actually be a good thing?

Is there any way you can arrange to spend one/both evenings with "the girls", make some hot tea and watch "It's a Wonderful Life", Miracle on 64th street, and/or a Christmas Story?

You have a Life full of "gifts" otherwise known as "daughters" many people would give their right arm for, you have a home, food on the table, can you let your expectations of what you wanted your Christmas to look like go and be happy for what is?

Sorry, it's just easy to see all the positives in your life from here, I know it can be hard to see sometimes when I feel like "Pigpen" from peanuts except for a dust cloud it's like a little rain cloud above my head.

Hope your day gets better.