Thread: Day 1 - Again
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
ExNavyInHouston
Drunkaholic

It's the morning of Day 4. Some good things happened yesterday and some strange things.

I wrote about the strange already, but the good were outstanding. Mainly, I learned of Liquid Mind from another member of SR.

It's amazing Ambient New Age music that is beatless and mostly seamless between tracks.

This stuff is amazing for chilling out, relaxing, and falling asleep.

I just ordered 4 CDs off Amazon.

The main guy behind it all is Chuck Wild, the keyboardist for the 80s band Missing Persons (Walking in LA & Words), but this stuff is nothing like that.

This music is a lot like what is played in futuristic movies during a space walk or during the movie the Abyss.

Google Last FM and you can listen to a ton of this free.

This discovery alone made the whole day worth while, because of my problems with sleeping.

Last night I could tell I was going to have another crappy sleep night, so I went to I-Tunes and ordered a couple CD's I hadn't ordered from Amazon. I let them play on lap top and I slept like a baby from midnight until 4:30.

I got on here and I saw where the person answered my Private Message Thank you and bragged how he grabbed an extra 45 minutes sleep just this morning. So I put my headphones on and rolled over about 5:30 and I am just now waking up at 8AM.

A great night's sleep is a heck of a way to start Day 4.

I do think the grieving is starting though. This past year I discovered the Wine Country north of San Francisco (Sonoma, Napa). I flew out there twice this year and had the greatest times at the wineries.

I woke thinking, "Awww man, I will never get to do that again."

It wasn't a craving or anything, but more a reminder that not every time I drank did I go to the "Dark Place."

Don't worry - I went to the DP enough to know it out weighs returning to a fancy mansion with beautiful scenery filled with the Devil's Elixir.