Old 12-19-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
flutter
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I could have written that original post Songbird, about 6 months ago. Before I landed in the ER from drinking too much. I did feel better when all was out in the open, however it increased the pressure on me to remain sober (am I really complaining about that??). My parents live 2 miles from me, they attend my gym. They work 6 blocks from my work. They check on me constantly. Sometimes they're horrified with what they find (that I've been drinking), usually a constant positive reminder of what's really important in my life (family).

I dunno the point of this response to you lol.. I can say I regretted that they found out the extremity of my issue, but really I regretted they found out cuz I was scared they'd bust me drinking. They have, and at this point so have coworkers, etc. I'm on a mandatory counseling program to keep my job. This is my second day sober (again..), clearly I'm newer than most here, even tho I've been around for months. Whatever you decide, your parents love you, they can't help but worry. Both of mine are alcoholics, in recovery for 15 years.

Happy holidays, and congrats on making positive changes. What mommy wouldn't be proud of the GOOD stuff? When I told my mom yesterday that I was starting counseling (did NOT go into gory details) she cried, told me I was a beautiful person inside and out, and when I am strong, no one and nothing can beat me down. Yeah...I'm kinda glad everything's in the open.