Thread: Five days clean
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alice Wonder

Re: Five days clean

your therapist can only suggest she cannot force you to take meds. you are in charge of what you get from therapy, meetings etc. take responsibility for your sobriety fully and figure out what you need. it seems like you have the answers from prior experience. if you don't feel your therapist is right for you. find another one and let them know about your experience with this one and why you left. save your energy for the work on yourself.you seem to do well with bluntness so find a therapist who is blunt. let them know this is the way you grasp things better. i said that to my very funny therapist and everytime i was in denial or sidetracking to get away from the point a nerf ball would fly across the room and hit me on the head.it was great and we would both crack up! maybe bluntness is something you have to offer at a meeting. i am blunt and i find that when i tell it like it is ...other people find the courage to be a little more forthcoming. just make sure it is not abrasiveness. you seem to have a lot of determination. go get um tiger.