View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
windysan
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Luckily in England no one is mandated to attend AA although it may get you on the good side of a magistrate or judge.

I can imagine attending with people who are forced to be there is not much of a laugh, (depending on how seriously they take it) having said that why on earth should anyone be required to attend, surely its against one of your amendments (not sure what they are but I heard it on Law and Order. lol)

Ananda I have spent most of my life trying to fit in, different groups at different times, Ive changed my persona more times than my hair colour (and thats a lot, it was turquoise at one time!).

Ive never really felt accepted anywhere and I am trying to deal with that but I still have a lot of the non confrontational people pleaser in me.

I will get there one day, Im glad you are still sane (lol) I sometimes wonder if I am.
I think courts mandating people to religious programs is being challenged in a few places. Separation of Church and State should mean separation of church and state. LOL. People shouldn't be forced into religious programs against their will. I think it's really done a number on the effectiveness of AA/NA in some areas. Dope was being sold after the meetings I went to. I don't need to be around feral people so I split and never went back.